See What's Inside
Read this FREE issue now
For healthcare professionals only
  • What's on the Horizon with Diabetes Research and Therapy
See the entire table of contents here!

You can view the current or previous issues of Diabetes Health online, in their entirety, anytime you want.
Click Here To View

See if you qualify for our free healthcare professional magazines. Click here to start your application for Pre-Diabetes Health, Diabetes Health Pharmacist and Diabetes Health Professional.

Learn More About the Professional Subscription

Free Diabetes Health e-Newsletter

DHTV
Popular
Top Rated

Related Community Videos on Diabetes Health TV

Peer Support from DiabetesSisters

Brandy Barnes, Founder and CEO - DiabetesSisters.org

Carol speaks about the Diabetes Health Box Program

Carol Waldrop

Lori speaks about Diabetes Health's unique voice in the Diabetic Community

Lori Bristle

Community

Page 4
Those with diabetes are more likely to develop head and neck cancers, research shows
Jul 29, 2014 | 
While experts have long noted that those with diabetes have a higher risk of heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular issues, a new study shows the risk of head and neck cancers is also higher for diabetics.
USDA Announces $78 Million Available for Local Food Enterprises
Jul 28, 2014 | 
The local food movement was given a big boost earlier this month with the announcement that the USDA has plans to invest $78 million into local and regional food enterprises.
DHTV
Popular
Top Rated

Related Community Videos on Diabetes Health TV

Brandy Barnes, Founder and CEO - DiabetesSisters.org

Carol Waldrop

Lori Bristle

Diabetes Health: Terms Used to Describe People With Diabetes for Crossword Puzzle #13
Jul 27, 2014 | 
Test your knowledge to see how well you know terms used to describe people with diabetes
Novo Nordisk Introduces New Insulin Device to U.S. Market
Jul 26, 2014 | 
Novo Nordisk has introduced the Levemir® FlexTouch® prefilled insulin delivery device to the U.S. market. The device, filled with insulin detemir [rDNA origin], the first of its kind that does not use a pushbutton extension. In a conventional insulin delivery device, a pushbutton extends out from the device. If the called-for dose is large, an extension may cause problems for the user.
How Do You Stay So Positive?
Jul 25, 2014 | 
My class was discussing why we cannot just do pancreas transplants so we can cure diabetes,” said a dear friend that volunteers for me at work. It is a lot more complicated than that, sadly. I was touched that he and his college classmates were discussing ways to cure us. As we chatted about the challenges of diabetes and our wishes for a cure, a few other volunteers gathered. When they heard me mention that I have had Type 1 diabetes for twenty years and that I take 5 – 7 injections a day to stay alive and healthy, they all looked shocked and a silence fell over the group. My volunteer said “Wow, how do you stay so positive”?
Type 2 Drug Slashes Dementia Risk
Jul 23, 2014 | 
A new study has surprising implications for a generic diabetes drug. Pioglitazone, which is often prescribed for patients with Type 2 diabetes, also appears to reduce the risk of developing dementia. The drug was not studied specifically to see if cut the incidence of Alzheimer's disease and dementia. Instead, researchers from the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases combed through a giant database of German health care records. They looked at information from 2004 to 2010, with a gigantic group of subjects.
Actress S. Epatha Merkerson Brings Order to Her Diabetes
Jul 22, 2014 | 
Award winning S. Epatha Merkerson, Television, film and stage actress, brings a new order to her diabetes management: Get to Your Goals Program, which encourages people with type 2 diabetes to know their A1C, set a goal and take action.
Next Page » « Previous Page
©1991-2014 Diabetes Health | Home | Privacy | Press | Advertising | Help | Contact Us | Donate | Sitemap

Diabetes Health Medical Disclaimer

The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and information, contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. Opinions expressed here are the opinions of writers, contributors, and commentators, and are not necessarily those of Diabetes Health. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on or accessed through this website.