See What's Inside
Read this FREE issue now
For healthcare professionals only
  • 12 Tips for Traveling With Diabetes
See the entire table of contents here!

You can view the current or previous issues of Diabetes Health online, in their entirety, anytime you want.
Click Here To View

See if you qualify for our free healthcare professional magazines. Click here to start your application for Pre-Diabetes Health, Diabetes Health Pharmacist and Diabetes Health Professional.

Learn More About the Professional Subscription

Free Diabetes Health e-Newsletter
DHTV
Popular
Top Rated

Related Community Videos on Diabetes Health TV

Veteran Diabetes Educator

Christine Quan, RD, CDE

Veteran Diabetes Educator

Teaching Aids for Health Educators

Barbara George

Teaching Aids for Health Educators

Janice speaks about Diabetes Health as a professional news source

Janice Abe

Janice speaks about Diabetes Health as a professional news source

Community Archives

Community

Page 4
Rev Run and Wife Justine Make Diabetes Prevention a Family Affair

Your family can be the most important tool in your arsenal when it comes to preventing the onset of type 2 diabetes or managing existing symptoms.

Comments 0 comments - Mar 14, 2014 - * * * * *

Life With Type 2: Dealing With Envy

Generally speaking, I'm not an envious man. It doesn't bother me that some people are richer than I, or have better looks and taste, or can jump out of bed in the morning without grumbling the way I do at a body that takes me 10 minutes to persuade that I want it to work the way I want it to, dammit.

Comments 0 comments - Mar 13, 2014 - * * * * *

Aetna and Medtronic Collaborate to Help Members Better Control Type 2

Beginning this month, Aetna and Medtronic, Inc. will work with doctors in a new program to reach up to 300 fully insured members with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes who may improve their health using insulin pump therapy.

Comments 0 comments - Mar 12, 2014 - * * * * *

Rare Mutation Destroys Gene Associated With Type 2

A recent New York Times article reports that researchers have found a rare mutation that reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by two thirds, even in obese people.

Comments 0 comments - Mar 9, 2014 - * * * * *

McKesson’s Build a Buddy Program Helps Kids With Diabetes Feel Less Alone

For children newly diagnosed with diabetes, the world can suddenly seem a rather solitary place.

Comments 0 comments - Mar 7, 2014 - * * * * *

FDA Backtracks Over GLP-1s' Effects on Pancreas

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration reports that its review of various animal and human studies does not show a link between GLP-1 drugs used to treat type 2 diabetes and pancreatic maladies, including acute pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.

Comments 0 comments - Mar 4, 2014 - * * * * *

Sing a Song of Diabetes Camp

There's a quick fix when it's cold outside and you are missing camp. Jaime Yetra, Clara Barton Camp alumna, tackled it recently with a Facebook post requesting that her camp friends post their favorite camp songs. Soon, the page was flooded: "Bananas Unite," "Tarzan," "The Donut Song," "Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe," "Father Abraham" (did you know he had seven seas?). The songs kept coming and coming, along with a warming bit of camp banter.

Comments 0 comments - Mar 2, 2014 - * * * * *

More Than 180 New Diabetes Drugs in Development

A total of 182 new drugs to treat diabetes or diabetes-related conditions are currently in clinical trials or undergoing review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, according to a report just published by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA).

Comments 0 comments - Mar 1, 2014 - * * * * *

Weekly Type 2 Drug to Be Delivered Via Needle Patch

A recent agreement between Zosano Pharma, Inc. and Novo Nordisk could lead to the introduction of a once-weekly drug for type 2s that is administered via a micro-needle patch system.

Comments 0 comments - Feb 24, 2014 - * * * * *

Weekly Potpourri

Blame The Media

Comments 0 comments - Feb 23, 2014 - * * * * *

Next Page » « Previous Page
©1991-2014 Diabetes Health | Home | Privacy | Press | Advertising | Help | Contact Us | Donate | Sitemap

Diabetes Health Medical Disclaimer

The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and information, contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. Opinions expressed here are the opinions of writers, contributors, and commentators, and are not necessarily those of Diabetes Health. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on or accessed through this website.