You can view the current or previous issues of Diabetes Health online, in their entirety, anytime you want.
Click Here To View
Latest Diabetes Articles
Popular Diabetes Articles
Highly Recommended Diabetes Articles
Send a link to this page to your friends and colleagues.
1. The current diabetes research funding system needs to be reformed.
A. I strongly agree 81%
B. I agree 19%
2. Who should the NIH be accountable to for how it spends the 325 million earmarked for diabetes research each year?
A. Fellow scientists 5%
B. People with diabetes and patient advocates 18%
C. Both 77%
3. The main focus of diabetes research should be
A. Methods for optimal glycemic control 11%
B. A cure 80%
C. Complication prevention 9%
4. Diabetes education for the general public would make diabetes research a greater national priority.
A. I agree 92%
B. I disagree 8%
5. What would you be willing to do to increase diabetes exposure?
A. Write letters 25%
B. March 6%
C. Distribute petitions 2%
D. Work the phones 7%
E. All of the above 60%
6. I would participate in a march on Washington, D.C. to support diabetes research refund reform.
A. Yes 36%
B. No 24%
C. Maybe 40%
7. The NIH should support the study of nontraditional or complimentary therapies.
A. I agree 85%
B. I disagree 15%
8. Would you be willing to learn the language of metabolism and immunology in order to work toward influencing research funding decisions?
A. Yes 92%
B. No 8%
Aug 1, 1997
Diabetes Health is the essential resource for people living with diabetes- both newly diagnosed and experienced as well as the professionals who care for them. We provide balanced expert news and information on living healthfully with diabetes. Each issue includes cutting-edge editorial coverage of new products, research, treatment options, and meaningful lifestyle issues.