Scott's Column Stats
1. The current diabetes research funding system needs to be reformed.
A. I strongly agree 81%
B. I agree 19%
2. Who should the NIH be accountable to for how it spends the 325 million earmarked for diabetes research each year?
A. Fellow scientists 5%
B. People with diabetes and patient advocates 18%
C. Both 77%
3. The main focus of diabetes research should be
A. Methods for optimal glycemic control 11%
B. A cure 80%
C. Complication prevention 9%
4. Diabetes education for the general public would make diabetes research a greater national priority.
A. I agree 92%
B. I disagree 8%
5. What would you be willing to do to increase diabetes exposure?
A. Write letters 25%
B. March 6%
C. Distribute petitions 2%
D. Work the phones 7%
E. All of the above 60%
6. I would participate in a march on Washington, D.C. to support diabetes research refund reform.
A. Yes 36%
B. No 24%
C. Maybe 40%
7. The NIH should support the study of nontraditional or complimentary therapies.
A. I agree 85%
B. I disagree 15%
8. Would you be willing to learn the language of metabolism and immunology in order to work toward influencing research funding decisions?
A. Yes 92%
B. No 8%Click Here To View Or Post Comments