Low Cost Insulin Available through Major Retailer

Priced As Low As $16.94

Dec 1, 2000

On August 31, Wal-Mart announced that people with diabetes will have a new, low-cost option for insulin.

In partnership with Novo Nordisk, Wal-Mart has introduced Novolin human insulin to Wal-Mart's ReliOn brand of diabetes healthcare products. Available for $16.94 per vial, Novolin is the latest addition to Wal-Mart's growing ReliOn brand of healthcare products, which include ReliOn insulin syringes, glucose tablets, blood pressure monitors and lancets.

"We believe that this alliance will help the millions of Americans who are managing their diabetes to have easier, affordable access to this life-saving drug," said Martin Soeters, president of Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Under the ReliOn brand, Novolin will be offered in three human insulin formulations: Novolin R (Regular), Novolin N (NPH) and Novolin 70/30 (70 percent NPH, 30 percent Regular).

Wal-Mart advises consumers to consult with their physician before making any changes in insulin therapy.

Novolin is available in all of Wal-Mart's 2,600 stores as well as 466 SAM'S Club pharmacies.

For further information, visit Novo Nordisk on the World Wide Web at novo-nordisk.com.

Categories: Community, Diabetes, Diabetes, Insulin, Novo Nordisk, Products, Syringes

Comments

Posted by Anonymous on 7 November 2007

When you call a Walmart store...its $21.36. So...is there a type-o??

Posted by Anonymous on 19 April 2008

God Bless WalMart!

Posted by Anonymous on 12 August 2008

16.94..... really its 21.97!! what is it?

Posted by Anonymous on 5 January 2009

Look at the date on the article - Dec 1, 2000. Inflation has gone up since then.

Posted by Anonymous on 28 November 2010

can any one tell me the cost of insulin at walmart now in 2010

Posted by Anonymous on 16 January 2011

Is ReliOn a prescription drug or OTC?

Posted by Anonymous on 16 January 2011

Is ReliOn a prescription drug or OTC?

Posted by Anonymous on 30 November 2011

ReliOn is OTC

Posted by Anonymous on 30 November 2011

Even though ReliOn is considered OTC you still have to ask the Pharmacy for the Insulin. I do not know how much it cost now but most places have Novolin R Insulin for $91 and up. I'm willing to pay $30 or $50 compaired to $91 or higher.

Posted by Anonymous on 15 June 2014

Thank you WalMart. My dog was just diagnosed with diabetes. I went to CVS and the cost was 124.95 for a vile. The pharmacist told me to go to WalMart to buy it. The cost was under 30.00. Hope people realize the price difference too......

Posted by Anonymous on 5 September 2014

Do You ever give people Insulin when they can't afford it. I am in a place where if I buy my Insulin I have no money to eat. My husband is on Insulin also. He takes Novolin 70/30 , I take Novolin 70/30 I take 80 units in the morning and 50 units at night My husband takes 40 in morning and 40 at night and they are getting ready to raise his amount. So he needs 3 vials a month I need 4 vials a month. Our insurance is in the Donut Hole with in 6months and then we can no longer afford it. So I was wondering if you ever help people and give free Insulin. Trudy DeAngleo 201 Stoney Br. Seaford, Delaware 19973. I have now been with out my Insulin for 7 days. Will this cause me harm.

Posted by Anonymous on 29 September 2014

name of cheapest insulin injection

Comment: