Nicole’s Tips for Staying Healthy During the Holidays
This time of year presents extra challenges. It’s not easy to live with and manage diabetes during the holidays, but it can be done. Here are some tips for staying focused, fit and in control during this season:
- Walk every day, anywhere you can, even at the mall.
- Take the stairs instead of the escalator.
- Prepare several vegetable dishes, preferably those with lots of fiber, for your holiday meals.
- If you love to bake, give your goodies away as gifts.
- Cut recipes in half when baking; make smaller cookies and cakes.
- Don’t make enough for leftovers.
- Don’t eat in the kitchen or while you are preparing food
- Help yourself to small portions and don’t go back for seconds.