Cookbook Offers Recipes for All Four Phases of Atkins Approach
Veronica Atkins, the widow of the late low-carb pioneer Robert Atkins, MD, is coauthor with Stephanie Nathanson of the new “Atkins for Life Low-Carb Cookbook.”
The book introduces readers to recipes that can be used by individuals in all four phases of the Atkins Nutritional Approach.
The book is organized in three sections:
- Day by Day, which focuses on simpler, faster meals for the workweek
- On the Weekends, for when there is more time available for meal preparation
- Entertaining, which is further divided into chapters for particular situations and occasions
The “Atkins for Life Low-Carb Cookbook” (St. Martin’s Press, 2004) is available at bookstores everywhere for the suggested retail price of $25.95.
Sample Recipes From the ‘Atkins for Life Low-Carb Cookbook’
- Pasta With Spicy Tomato-Shrimp Sauce
- Chocolate-Dusted Strawberries With Orange Cream
- Smoked Turkey Reuben Wrap
- Quick and Tasty Barbecued Chicken
- Pumpkin-Pecan Cheesecake