Diabetes Health Reference Charts
Syringes Archives

Lilly Introduces KwikPen for Humalog and Humalog Mixtures

Feb 28, 2008

Lilly's new KwikPen pre-filled insulin pen

Eli Lilly and Company has introduced KwikPen, a pre-filled insulin pen containing its Humalog insulin brand of insulins. The pen is the third that Lilly has introduced over the past 12 months, following in the wake of the HumaPen MEMOIR, a digital insulin pen with memory, and the HumaPen® LUXURA HD, a reusable pen for people who need insulin dosing in smaller increments.

KwikPen is now available by prescription in pharmacies. It is pre-filled with the Humalog brand of insulins, including Humalog, Humalog Mix75/25 and Humalog Mix50/50.

The company says its original Humalog and Humalog Mixtures pre-filled pens remain available and that patients using them do not need to convert to the newer pens unless they choose to do so in consultation with a healthcare professional.

To learn more about insulin delivery devices for use with the Humalog brand of insulins, visit http://www.humalog.com.

Categories: Insulin, Pens, Professional Issues, Syringes, Type 1 Issues

Comments

Posted by Anonymous on 28 February 2008

Is this pen better than the original Humalog pen? And if so, how?

Posted by Anonymous on 15 August 2008

This pen is much smoother and with easier action, takes less pressure to inject. Good for those with small hands, or those w/ arthritis or dexterity issues.

Posted by Anonymous on 3 March 2009

Per your ad in Diabetes Forecast magazine, you are giving away 5 free pens. Please send to: Colleen Lloyd
766 W. Fremont Dr.
Littleton, CO 80120

Posted by Anonymous on 21 May 2009

I mustwrite & tell & congratulate you on your kwick pen it is so easy to use it makes self-injecting a pleasure rather than a chore.with the old pen my wife had to inject me but now ican do it on my own, as i am 80 next birthday it makes life a lot easier.

Posted by Anonymous on 11 January 2011

This pen is absolutely useless to me !!! It was prescribed by my GP because the Mixtard 30 I had been using was beinbg discontinued. Unfortunately my GP,my diabetic nurse or my local pharmacy can't tell me what pen needles will fit the pen. I have spent hours searching the internet for information without success and have visited the Lilly (manufacturer of the pen) website - no information is forthcoming. I have now managed to obtain more Mixtard 30 and will continue to use with my Novo pen whilst my GP makes enquiries with other surgeries. To be honest I now want him to prescribe me with a better alternative.

Posted by Anonymous on 19 January 2011

To the 1/11/2011 post, the tips used on my old Humalog Pen fit jsut fine. They are "Unifine Pentips" 0.25 x 8mm

I can't believe your pharmacy couldn't help you with that issue.

Posted by Anonymous on 24 March 2011

THANK YOU!!! LOVE THE NEW KWIK PENS!!! SO SO SO MUCH BETTER! Only suggestion I would have is to make the numbers darker. Otherwise...perfect!

Posted by Anonymous on 7 April 2011

This pen is awful........cheap, shaky poor delivery. Shame on you Lily for subjecting your loyal dependents to this piece of crap!

Posted by Allen Sistrunk on 7 April 2011

This pen is so sorry compared to the former well designed quality of the discontinued pen. Shame on you Lily for subjecting your loyal dependents to this garbage!

Posted by Anonymous on 17 May 2012

I just started using the Lilly KwikPen Humalog Pen it was about half full when it locked on me and will not allow me to inject anymore, this insulin is precious to me and can't afford to loose half a pen full? help.

Comment: