Nick Jonas Sings Out About Diabetes

The Jonas Brothers’ new album, Little Bit Longer, takes its title from a song Nick Jonas wrote about his struggle with diabetes.

Jul 10, 2008

The Jonas Brothers have a new album coming out August 12 on Hollywood Records. The album Little Bit Longer takes its title from a song Nick Jonas wrote about his struggle with diabetes. Nick told Entertainment Weekly that he wrote the song on a day when he was feeling down and out. He went into an empty hotel ballroom and walked out with a song. Talk about making lemonade when life gives you lemons! Thanks, Nick, we can’t wait to hear your new tunes.

Here are the lyrics to “A Little Bit Longer” as posted on the Jonas Brothers’ diabetes website, Change for the Children.

Got the news today
But they said I had to stay
A little bit longer
And I'll be fine
When I thought it'd all been done
When I thought it'd all been said
A little bit longer
And I'll be fine

But you don't know what you got
'Till it's gone
And you don't know what it's like
To feel so low
Everytime you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know
No no
You don't even know

All this time goes by
Still no reason why
A little bit longer
And I'll be fine
Waitin' on a cure
But none of them are sure
A little bit longer
And I'll be fine

But you don't know what you got
'Till it's gone
And you don't know what it's like
To feel so low
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know
No no
You don't even know
No no

Two, three, four!

Yeah!
And you don't know what you got
'Till it's gone
And you don't know what it's like
To feel so low
And everytime you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know

So I wait 'till kingdom come
All the highs and lows are gone
A little bit longer
And I'll be fine
I'll be fine

Categories: Adolescent Boys, Adolescent Girls, Diabetes, Diabetes, Kids & Teens, Nick Jonas, Type 1 Issues

Comments

Posted by Anonymous on 10 July 2008

i love him
totally love him
hes the most hadsom in the world!!

Posted by Anonymous on 11 July 2008

This is great; my 10 year old son has had type 1 diabetes for 1 year and he loves Nick. This song has made my son feel a little better about his diagnosis.
THanks Nick

Posted by Anonymous on 12 July 2008

OMG I LOVE HIM! MY UNCLE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES THE DAY AFTER MY BIRTHDAY (TALK ABOUT A BIRTHDAY PRESENT) I HAVE A VERY HIGH RISK OF GETTING IT.

Posted by Anonymous on 16 July 2008

I think NICK has gone though a lot lately with all this drama around him. I support him & all others with TYPE 1diabetes.Stay stong and healthy.

Posted by Anonymous on 16 July 2008

What an inspiration!! Thank you Nick!

Posted by vaeh02 on 23 July 2008

Thanks!!! My daughter was recently diagnosed at 5. You are a great inspiration to her. She cried when I read her your new song. The Camp Rock dvd is worn out.Keep up the great work!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on 4 August 2008

im really sorry about your struggle with diabetes i love you nick

love erica

Posted by Anonymous on 8 August 2008

thanx...nick
I go to the doctor and hi said to me that i have diabetic....
i feel so low...like allone...
and that really bad..and sad....
i love younick jonas!!!!

Posted by Tfor3 on 11 August 2008

Don't know if you read these. Thanks for the barrage of things you and your family have done for the cause in such a short time. And now a song. Great! My kids are fans of all you are doing. We researched the Omnipod thanks to you and plan to support and utilize Change for the Children as well...

Posted by ashley beers on 19 August 2008

hey i love the lerics an im also i diabetic. i have a insulin pump. the way i live is nothing like nick jonas but we have the same diabetic history. my diabetes wasn't discoverd until after a year and i lost 40 pounds. i was a twig. i dranks a lot of water an went to the bathroon 2 times an hour. thats a LOT!! i want to get the word out about diabetes and if your family has a nudge that you are diabetic go with there gut feeling. i love the lerics again!! im going to try to get any ticket to go see you guys on tour. but i can't promis anything. i love your music,

KEEP ON ROCKING!!

Posted by Nick Jonas Is The Best on 5 September 2008

Hello Nick!
I just want to say that you are my everything. I'm such a BIG fan. I love the song "A little bit longer".
When I herd it fore the first time I started to cry. But when i wached a picture of you that I have in my room, I fell a bit better. I didn't knew that you had diabetes, but I thought it was a bit cool and sweet to. So I understand you know, again. You are so brave! If I had diabetes, I think I should understand you better. But I understand that you have it tough. So don't bring yourself done, just think: "It's going to be ok" everytime you feel so low. That would help a lot, I think. It does for me when I fell low.Okey, thats were all for me. Buy, Nick!

P.S I love you D.S

Victoria Christensen from Sweden

Posted by Nick Jonas Is The Best on 6 September 2008

'Cause I'm burning up, burning up
Fore you baby

i LOOOOOOVE YOU NICK!

Posted by Anonymous on 23 September 2008

Just wanted to say, I'm not in the age group that would normally listen to this type of music, but I'm going to go buy it today! It conveys a message of a glimmer of hope, but you continue to deal with the highs and lows that the disease dishes out and go on living it one day at a time. It also sounds to me, that he's not expecting a cure, which I think is how most of us feel. After all, why cure when big companies make BIG money off our disease. Talk about stock market crashes...think of how a cure for diabetes would affect those big companies who are on the stock exchange. Good luck Nick and thank you for spreading awarness! Hang in there and keep making a difference!

Posted by Anonymous on 16 October 2008

nick i was wondering if u would like to go out with me somtime

Posted by Anonymous on 10 February 2009

i have only had diabetes for 7 months and i love nick jonas he is the best the song little bit longer helped me alot i am getting anick jonas diabetes dog tag to show that i have diabetas from abigail

Comment: