You can view the current or previous issues of Diabetes Health online, in their entirety, anytime you want.
Click Here To View
Latest Community Articles
Popular Community Articles
Highly Recommended Community Articles
Send a link to this page to your friends and colleagues.
This press release is an announcement submitted by California Diabetes Program, and was not written by Diabetes Health.
World Diabetes Day celebrations are marked by the lighting of iconic buildings and monuments in blue. In 2009, over 1000 monuments were lit in blue around the world. See What's Happening in California for World Diabetes Day
* In Sacramento: Sacramento Lights Up the California State Capitol for World Diabetes Day
State Capitol West Steps • Sunday, November 14, 5:30 to 7:00 PM Health Fair, Dancing and Celebrity speakers: Ben Vereen - Tony Award Winner and Movie Star and Jake (Body by Jake) Steinfeld - Chair of the California Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sport.
* In Petaluma: Walk and Play in Awareness of Diabetes 2nd Annual World Diabetes Day Event
Sunday, November 14, 9:00 AM to 12 Noon. Also, at sunset Lighting the D Street Bridge blue. Visit www.walkforwellness.org for more information.
* In San Francisco: Dance Out Diabetes at the Metreon - Join the revolution using dance to prevent and manage diabetes. November 14, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM at the Metreon, City View (located at 101 Fourth Street at Mission Street on the 4th Floor in San Francisco).
* In Los Angeles: Los Angeles International Airport
Under the Pylons for World Diabetes Day 2010 November 14, 4:00 PM to 8 PM.
* In Redding: Free Pre-Diabetes Screening Shasta Regional Medical Center
Wednesday, November 10, 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM Diabetes Care Center 1100 Butte Street, Redding, CA 96001
* In San Jose: Lighting theTech Museum Blue
Sunday November 14, 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
201 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Join the World Diabetes Day Blue Monument Challenge!
We hope that more events are being planned throughout the state. Let us know what you are planning and we will put it on DIRC!
Email us with the details: firstname.lastname@example.org
For details on the Monument Challenge visit http://www.worlddiabetesday.org/activities/wdd-monument-challenge.
Diabetes Health is the essential resource for people living with diabetes- both newly diagnosed and experienced as well as the professionals who care for them. We provide balanced expert news and information on living healthfully with diabetes. Each issue includes cutting-edge editorial coverage of new products, research, treatment options, and meaningful lifestyle issues.