Bring Diabetes To Light!
This press release is an announcement submitted by California Diabetes Program, and was not written by Diabetes Health.
World Diabetes Day celebrations are marked by the lighting of iconic buildings and monuments in blue. In 2009, over 1000 monuments were lit in blue around the world. See What's Happening in California for World Diabetes Day
* In Sacramento: Sacramento Lights Up the California State Capitol for World Diabetes Day
State Capitol West Steps • Sunday, November 14, 5:30 to 7:00 PM Health Fair, Dancing and Celebrity speakers: Ben Vereen - Tony Award Winner and Movie Star and Jake (Body by Jake) Steinfeld - Chair of the California Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sport.
* In Petaluma: Walk and Play in Awareness of Diabetes 2nd Annual World Diabetes Day Event
Sunday, November 14, 9:00 AM to 12 Noon. Also, at sunset Lighting the D Street Bridge blue. Visit www.walkforwellness.org for more information.
* In San Francisco: Dance Out Diabetes at the Metreon - Join the revolution using dance to prevent and manage diabetes. November 14, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM at the Metreon, City View (located at 101 Fourth Street at Mission Street on the 4th Floor in San Francisco).
* In Los Angeles: Los Angeles International Airport
Under the Pylons for World Diabetes Day 2010 November 14, 4:00 PM to 8 PM.
* In Redding: Free Pre-Diabetes Screening Shasta Regional Medical Center
Wednesday, November 10, 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM Diabetes Care Center 1100 Butte Street, Redding, CA 96001
* In San Jose: Lighting theTech Museum Blue
Sunday November 14, 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
201 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Join the World Diabetes Day Blue Monument Challenge!
We hope that more events are being planned throughout the state. Let us know what you are planning and we will put it on DIRC!
Email us with the details: email@example.com
For details on the Monument Challenge visit http://www.worlddiabetesday.org/activities/wdd-monument-challenge.
Click Here To View Or Post Comments