You can view the current or previous issues of Diabetes Health online, in their entirety, anytime you want.
Click Here To View
Latest Carbs Articles
Popular Carbs Articles
Highly Recommended Carbs Articles
Send a link to this page to your friends and colleagues.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1box Dreamfields Spaghetti
1pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick
2cloves garlic, minced
2tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
3cups broccoli florets
1medium bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
1medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
2 to 3teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1serrano or other hot chili pepper, minced
1can (14 ounces) light coconut milk
1/4cup red curry chili pasteFinely chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pan.
2. Meanwhile, cut steak in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Toss with garlic; set aside.
3. Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef and 1-1/2 teaspoons oil. Remove from skillet.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add broccoli, bell pepper and onion. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water; continue cooking and stirring 1 minute. Stir in ginger and chili pepper. Add combined coconut milk and curry paste to skillet. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet; remove from heat.
5. Toss beef mixture with pasta. Garnish with peanuts, if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
*If traditional pasta is used in this recipe there is a total of 53 g carbohydrate. For more information go to www.dreamfieldsfoods.com
Diabetes Health is the essential resource for people living with diabetes- both newly diagnosed and experienced as well as the professionals who care for them. We provide balanced expert news and information on living healthfully with diabetes. Each issue includes cutting-edge editorial coverage of new products, research, treatment options, and meaningful lifestyle issues.