Thai-Style Curry Beef & Pasta
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1box Dreamfields Spaghetti
1pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick
2cloves garlic, minced
2tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
3cups broccoli florets
1medium bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
1medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
2 to 3teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1serrano or other hot chili pepper, minced
1can (14 ounces) light coconut milk
1/4cup red curry chili pasteFinely chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pan.
2. Meanwhile, cut steak in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Toss with garlic; set aside.
3. Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef and 1-1/2 teaspoons oil. Remove from skillet.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add broccoli, bell pepper and onion. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water; continue cooking and stirring 1 minute. Stir in ginger and chili pepper. Add combined coconut milk and curry paste to skillet. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet; remove from heat.
5. Toss beef mixture with pasta. Garnish with peanuts, if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
*If traditional pasta is used in this recipe there is a total of 53 g carbohydrate. For more information go to www.dreamfieldsfoods.comClick Here To View Or Post Comments