Festive Lasagna Roll-Ups with Salsa Rosa Sauce
Jan 15, 2013
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Standing Time: 10 minutes
16 uncooked Dreamfields Lasagna noodles
4 cups (32 ounces) prepared marinara sauce
1 container (10 ounces) prepared refrigerated light Alfredo sauce (1 cup)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
1-1/2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
9 ounces fresh spinach leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon each chopped fresh parsley and chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
Salt and pepper
1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together marinara and Alfredo sauces until uniform in color. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic and onion; cook 1 minute until soft. Add mushrooms, spinach, herbs and wine. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Spray 9 x 13 x 2-inch and 9 x 9-inch baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of sauce in bottom of 9 x 13-inch dish and 1/2 cup in 9 x 9-inch dish.
- Lay noodles on cutting board or counter top; pat dry. Spread 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese evenly over each noodle. Next, spread 1-1/2 tablespoons of sauce, then 1-1/2 tablespoons of spinach mixture uniformly over each lasagna noodle. Roll lasagna noodle gently but firmly. Place lasagna rolls in baking dishes seam-side down (10 lasagna rolls will fit in 9 x 13 dish and 6 in 9 x 9 dish). Pour 3/4 cup sauce over the top of 9 x 13 dish and 1/2 cup over 9 x 9 dish. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Cover with foil. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 45 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking 10 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with additional fresh basil, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition information (1/8 of recipe): 535 calories; 25 g protein; 30 g digestible carbohydrates*; 20g total fat; 9 g saturated fat; 41 mg cholesterol; 944 mg sodium; 9 g total dietary fiber.
*If traditional pasta is used in this recipe there is a total of 66 g carbohydrate. For more information go to www.DreamfieldsFoods.com.
, Diabetes, Diabetes Health, Diabetes Health magzine, Diabetic, Diet, Food
You May Also Be Interested In...
0 comments -
Jan 15, 2013