You can view the current or previous issues of Diabetes Health online, in their entirety, anytime you want.
Click Here To View
Latest Pasta Salad Articles
Popular Pasta Salad Articles
Highly Recommended Pasta Salad Articles
Send a link to this page to your friends and colleagues.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 box Dreamfields Rotini or Penne Rigate
4 cups mix-ins (see below)
Dressing: Herbed Vinaigrette (recipe follows) OR
Homestyle Peppery Buttermilk (recipe follows)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
2. Add desired mix-ins and half of dressing. Toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours; toss again before serving. Add additional dressing, as desired.
Makes 8 servings.
• Crisp-tender cooked vegetables: green beans, broccoli, asparagus, corn, sugar snap peas, green peas, edamame, zucchini, yellow squash
• Raw vegetables: shredded or sliced carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, celery, avocado, spinach, radish, onions
• Other: olives, cheese - shredded or crumbled, herbs
• Meats: Salami strips, cooked chicken, tuna, shrimp, crabmeat, ham, beef steak slices, prosciutto
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, basil, rosemary, parsley
1. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Whisk in mustard and garlic. Add herbs.
Makes 3/4 cup.
Homestyle Peppery Buttermilk Dressing
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon no-salt garlic and herb seasoning blend
1/4 teaspoon salt
Coarse-ground black pepper
1. In small bowl, stir together buttermilk and mayonnaise. Add remaining ingredients; stir to mix well. Add additional buttermilk if needed for consistency. Let stand about 10 minutes to thicken.
Makes 1 cup.
Nutrition information: (1/8 of recipe prepared with 1 cup cooked ham, 1/2 cup sliced squash, 1/2 cup green peas, 1/2 cup black olives, 1/2 cup sliced bell pepper, 1 cup sliced cucumber and half of Herbed Vinaigrette): 239 calories; 10 g protein; 8 g digestible carbohydrates*; 6 g total fat; 0.70 g saturated fat; 8 mg cholesterol; 280 mg sodium; 5 g total dietary fiber.
*If traditional pasta is used in this recipe there is a total of 38 g carbohydrate. For more information go to www.dreamfieldsfoods.com.
Diabetes Health is the essential resource for people living with diabetes- both newly diagnosed and experienced as well as the professionals who care for them. We provide balanced expert news and information on living healthfully with diabetes. Each issue includes cutting-edge editorial coverage of new products, research, treatment options, and meaningful lifestyle issues.