CDC- Center for Disease and Control reports:
- Total: 30.3 million people have diabetes (9.4% of the US population)
- Diagnosed: 23.1 million people
- Undiagnosed: 7.2 million people (23.8% of people with diabetes are undiagnosed)
Cost to the nation is 327 billion a year
7 th leading cause of death
Complications affect: your vision, your heart and your nerves
It is estimated the 84. 4 million people in the U.S. have pre-diabetes.
When combine Diabetes statistics with pre-diabetes statistics, this
accounts for 33.4% of the U.S. population.
Diabetes Sign or symptoms:
If you have a family member with diabetes – get tested for diabetes at your annual physical.
You may experience some of these or none of these csommon diabetes symptoms:
- Unquenchable thirst
- Frequent urination
- Blurry vision
- Fluctuation your weight
- Sores that don’t heal
- Tingling in your hands and feet
- Red swollen gums sometimes can be an indication